Cruise Planning Sheet
VHF CH 16 + CH 6 for Cruise: Medway VTS (74), Burnham Yacht Harbour (80)
NOTES: Burnham is 44 NM from Upnor. The passage should be planned to take the north-going (falling) tide from the Medway to arrive at the Inner Whitaker South Cardinal Buoy at LW and take the rising tide to Burnham. Leave Upnor at HW -slower boats might wish to anchorin Stangate Creek the night before or pick up a buoy at Queenborough (charges may apply)
● From Sheerness shape a course to the Blacktail Spit Buoy
● Shape a course along the edge of the Maplin Sands to the Inner Whitaker South Cardinal Buoy
● Shape a course through the (buoyed) Whitaker Channel to the entrance of the (buoyed) River Crouch at Holiwell Pointtowards Burnham
● 5 miles from the mouth of the River Crouch, follow the green cans along the fairway on the south side of the river.
● At Fairway Buoy 11 the marina is clearly visible on the north bank. ● The marina entrance has a mid-channel marker and there are two steel piles marking the breached sea wall entrance to the harbour and marina.
N.B: Be aware of small coasters using the Baltic Wharf on the south side of the Crouch.